...that every Episcopal congregation becomes a vibrant, caring place of health and wholeness.
...to promote health ministry in Episcopal congregations, assisting them to reclaim the Gospel imperative of health and wholeness.
Our commitment is to:
- Christ as Healer
- Health as a holy, natural and continuous process
- Stewardship of the body and all God's creation
- Authentic and holy relationships
- Integration of the inner journey and the external life
- Reconciliation in a broken and fragmented world
Who we serve:
- Health ministers who promote health and healing within Episcopal congregations
- Episcopal congregations
- Episcopal clergy
- Episcopal dioceses and provinces
How we serve:
- Educating leaders for Episcopal health ministry and parish nursing
- Supporting those engaged in health ministry in Episcopal congregations through membership opportunities
- Providing resources to local congregations, diocese and provinces
- Collaborating with other faith communities, institutions and health organizations
Our Board of Directors:
The Rt. Rev. John Rabb, Baltimore MD The Rt. Rev. James Magness, Washington DC
Mr. Robert Strange, Indianapolis, IN The Rev. Babs Meairs, San Diego, CA
The Rev. Dr. Joyce Beaulieu, Belvidere, IL Ms. Rees Olander, Waveland, IN
The Rev. Ann Boyd, Hagerstown, MD The Rev. Nancy Threadgill, Mobile, AL
The Rev. Dr. John Denson, Indianapolis, IN Mrs. Susan Wahlstrom, Sutter Creek, CA
Ms. Linda Heitger, Canton, OH
Matthew Ellis is the CEO, effective January 1st, 2007. His background includes working in all levels of program development and execution. His previous experience includes working as a Human Services Consultant at Healthy Families Indiana (HFI), Indianapolis; an Independent Contractor in Fort Wayne, IN specializing in policy development; and Director of Sales and Training for Datatude, Inc., Fort Wayne, IN.
Matthew has a Bachelor of Arts, Psychology from LaGrange College in LaGrange, GA. His volunteer and part-time experience includes Chair of the Board of Directors for Reach For Youth, Inc; Big Brothers/Big Sisters; fundraising with the Multiple Sclerosis Society and facilitating the PACE Parenting Program.